Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, " The fast remains suspended between the heavens and the earth until fitrah is discharged." (Targheeb)
For year 1434 / 2013 $10 Dollars Minimum per person or more....(adult or minor).
Sadaqatul Fitr becomes obligatory upon a Muslim male and female:
- Who is alive at dawn on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr.
- On Whom Zakaat is Wajib, or who possesses goods free of debt in excess of his personal needs (e.g. house, clothing, furniture, etc.) to the value upon which Zakaat is obligatory.
- On the father, on behalf of his minor children.
Points to remember:
- It is essential that Sadaqatul Fitr be distributed to the poor and needy Muslim before the Eid Salaah. However, if this obligation has not been discharged timeously it should be done as soon as possible.
- It is preferable to give one’s Sadaqatul Fitr firstly to needy relatives, thereafter to one’s needy neighbors and then to other needy Muslims.
- The Fidyah amount per fast is the same as that of Sadaqatul Fitr. Fidyah may be discharged once the month of Ramadan has set in. Fidyah cannot be given before Ramadan commences. (Raddul Muhtaar).